Saturday, November 6, 2010

K3ys To Success

Alright so Britania here! :) I'm surely not going to make Hannah write every post so it's my turn to take a crack at it. Sitting here at work is pretty boring on saturdays, so obviously my mind wanders to things that bring a smile to my face during dull moments: kittens.. harry potter.. and my besties. Mostly I'm concerned for everyone in the world who doesn't have a best friend, because I don't even know how I would function without mine. "How do you guys have such a successful and fulfilling friendship?", you might ask. I know that one of our faithful followers, Aaron M., is always wondering what makes us work so well together. Well, I feel like there's some pretty important factors that go into having a fully fledged best friendship, and I'd like to share some pointers for those of you who just can't seem to get it right. Feel free to take notes and/or print this page for further referencing purposes.


1. Pet Names Are Crucial. I encourage you and your besties to come up with a few terms of endearment by which you can refer to each other. Here are a couple of our personal favorites:
  • baby
  • sweetie
  • j-mama (used for jenna)
  • b (used for yours truly)
  • h-dawg (used for hannah when we want to sound like boys)
  • little one
  • sleepy baby (used in different scenarios than just "baby")
  • meow mix

2. Stick To Routines. It's important to break out of your comfort zone occasionally, but it's also important to be really really comfortable with your besties always. So be sure to have a fun or relaxing routine you can fall back on when things get crazy.

For example, every thursday Hannah and I like to meet up at her house and relax on her couch with some tuna sandwiches and cheese sticks while watching America's Next Top Model.  We also enjoy eating out together at some of our favorite hot spots. Some of the restaurants that you can most likely find us at throughout the week: Red Robin, Wingers, Gurus, McD's, Burger Supreme.

3. Love Each Other More Than You Love Yourself. This may sound ridiculous, but it's something that the k3y three takes some serious pride in. My best friends are by far the most selfless and caring people I know. We work our hardest to go out of our way to make each other happy. For example, a couple of months ago during one of our routine sleepovers, I woke up in the night and decided to turn over on my other side. Hannah woke up panicked that I might be even slightly uncomfortable, and half asleep and without saying a word, she began to tickle my back. I'm betting that the way we care about each other more than anything in the world has something to do with the fact that we've never had a fight. 

4. Know The Weird Things About Each Other, And Love Them. So it's safe to say that everyone has their strange quirks, and we are no exception. Each of us have different hobbies or personality traits that the others find weird, but we wouldn't have each other any other way. Seriously, normal is boring. Let's take a peek at some of our oddities:
  • Hannah: We all enjoy shopping, but Han takes it to the next level. She can be a bit impulsive at times (shoes are her weakness), but her purchases always end up being useful, especially when it comes to video and pc games. Hannah also has an alternate personality that very few people get to witness in real life.... Defensive Hannah. She may seem sweet and innocent, but do something to hurt her besties and she will transform. 
  • Jenna: If there's one thing we know about our dear j-mama, it's that she doesn't follow the average person's methods of cell phone etiquette. Her phone is never not on silent, and it's nearly impossible to get a hold of her without calling 6 times and sending multiple texts. It's okay though, because when all else fails, we just show up at her house. 
  • Britania: Yup. I'm weird and I know it. One thing about me that confuses my besties is my fetish with the NBA. I may be one of the only girls that gets 5-10 texts a day from ESPN. I love to be updated and know what's going on in the bball world. But my friends are real sweethearts about it, they even still take me to wingers during games so I can watch while we eat. :)

5. The most important k3y to having a best friend: Be A Best Friend. Literally nothing is more important than being there when your bestie needs you. Do whatever it takes to keep him/her happy, because you know he/she would do the same for you!

I hope these tips will prove useful for you when dealing with your best friends! Let us know if you have any of your own pointers to share! <3






"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." - Robert Louis Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment